Online module trainings are accessible to offer comprehensive distant learning on various components of the system. There is a matrix provided on our website to use for identification of modules that apply to your specific assignment (i.e. administrator, teacher, school counselor, school nurse). A PowerSource account was created for all current personnel earlier this spring. There is a link on the website that will assist you in activating your PowerSource account if you have not already done so. Your username is your school email address. If you have forgotten your password or not created your account, hit “forgot password”. It then will prompt – “you have not activated your account yet” – click on the send activate account e-mail again and you should be able to log in. Once logged in you may access the modules by clicking on the training tab, followed by distance learning. These modules will hopefully provide you with an introduction to the various PowerSchool components. You may receive staff development credit and comp time for completing your specified modules. Please print all certificates and turn-in to your principal.
If you have any questions regarding any of the information, please feel free to contact us at the central office.
Here are a few tidbits from the Homebase/Powerschool newsletter:
As a reminder, the supported browsers for Home Base are Firefox, Chrome and Safari. You can always check to see what the latest Technical Requirements for Home Base are by visiting:
Teacher Webinar Aug. 8 on Instructional Resources, Lesson Planning A webinar especially for teachers will be hosted Thursday, Aug. 8 from 3:30--‐4:30pm. The topics "Instructional Resources and Lesson Planning."
Pearson Quick Reference Cards for Power Teacher/Gradebook
PTG Getting Started
PTG Working With Grades
PTG Analysis and Reporting
Matrix Suggested Training Modules below:
Suggested Sessions for Teachers
Under the training tab you will also see Mastery in Minutes – This will be a wonderful resource when you have a question to get a quick answer.
- PowerTeacher Gradebook: Getting Started
- PowerTeacher Gradebook: Working with grades
- PowerTeacher Gradebook: Analysis and Reporting
- PowerTeacher Gradebook Standards
- Introducing Parents to PowerSchool’s Parent Portal
Suggested Sessions for Administrators
Suggested Sessions for School Counselors
- During the School Year Scheduling - Elementary
- During the School Year Scheduling – Secondary
- Enrolling and Transferring Students
- Parent Access Setup
- Managing Students in PowerSchool
Suggested Sessions for School Nurses
- PowerSchool Communication Tools Part One
- PowerSchool Communication Tools Part Two
- PowerScheduler Part 2: Course Prerequisites, Recommendations and Requests
- Managing Grades and Academic Data: Part One
- Managing Grades and Academic Data: Part Two
- PowerSchool Health Record Management: Part One
- PowerSchool Health Record Management: Part Two