ACT Spring Administration Guidelines
The State Board of Education is required by General Statute §115C-174.11 (c)(4), to plan for and require the administration of the ACT test to all public-school students who are enrolled in the eleventh grade for the first time. Your student will take the statewide ACT test, free of charge, using the paper and pencil format on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at Ashe County High School in a face-to face-format. Students should plan on being at the school by 8 am.
Safety measures for our students and staff will include the following:
- Masks shall be worn prior to entering the building and during the exam by students, test administrators, and staff.
- Temperature checks and screenings will be required prior to entering the building.
- There will be separate entrances for each group of students: A Day students should report to the main entrance. B Day students will report to the entrance to the side entrance to the left of the main front entrance. Ashe Online students will enter at the second side entrance to the left of the main entrance. Please watch for signage on Testing Day.
- A Day students, B Day students, and Ashe Online students will all be tested separately.
- All appropriate social distancing guidelines will be followed to ensure the safety of our staff and students.
The ACT is part of North Carolina’s school accountability program. Colleges use ACT scores for admissions decisions, course placement, academic advising, and loans and scholarships. Students participating in the statewide ACT administration can select for free up to four colleges (or other reporting agencies) to receive their ACT scores. Please see the attached Junior Letter from ACT for more details.
If you have questions or concerns about the upcoming ACT administration at Ashe County High School, please contact me at the number below.
ACHS Testing Coordinator
336-846-2400 Ext. 2149